I Love My Windows 8

win8

I’ve been using Windows 8 since the Developer Preview was introduced during the BUILD Conference last September 2011.  I’ve seen the how the OS has evolved with much improvement in every build that comes out.  Now Windows 8 is in Release Preview (Release Candidate), one step closer to its final release (RTM).

Windows 8 was designed and reimagined to focus on the things you do the most, things you like the most, on your work an on your life.  You can customize and personalize your Windows 8 the way you want.  In short, with Windows 8, your PC is more personal and will reflect your personality. Let me walk you through the Windows 8 Release Preview.

Below is the Lock Screen.  Like the Windows Phone 7.5 it will give you a “glance-and-go” experience wherein in at a glance it will give you an idea what’s your nest schedule in your calendar, how many unread emails you have, how strong the network signal is, how much battery you have and so on.

welcome

The next thing you you encounter after swiping your finger in your screen (if you’re using a touch device) or pressing any key in your keyboard is the Login Screen.  Here, user have three choices to log on Windows 8.  The usual password, PIN password wherein user must assign a 4 digit number  and the exciting Picture password where user will use gestures on the screen to log on Windows 8.  Below is my personalized Login Screen with my picture password in it.  What I do is just to touch or click 3 parts of my family picture and it will unlock my Windows 8.

logon

After you unlock your Windows 8 you will you your Start screen.  Below is my Start Screen. Here I can see my metro applications and other applications that’s installed on my PC like Microsoft Office.  At a glance, the tiles will show me if I have new mails, calendar schedule, latest update from my friends in my people app, today’s weather and so on.

image

In a typical Windows OS after logging in you will see your desktop.  Wondering where your desktop went? Clicking on the Desktop tile in your start screen will show you a familiar working environment where you can run productivity applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. 

image

You might say that “this is so new” or “I might get lost using this new OS” but Windows 8 has a lot to offer! From apps, personalization, customization, productivity and more!  The best thing is Windows 8 is everywhere, using your Windows Live (Microsoft Account) you can log on to your friend’s PC running on Windows 8 and all your settings will follow you, from your lock screen down to your pinned contacts and pinned websites.  Using your SkyDrive to save your pictures, documents and files, you can work virtually anywhere!

Download Windows 8 Release Preview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment