MVPs @ the NGO Connection Day

 

image

Three Philippine MVPs became a part of the NGO Connection Day held in Makati Philippines on March 14, 2012. They are Jojo Ayson for Windows, John Erwin Magno for PowerPoint and I for Windows. Jojo thought them Digital Storytelling, Erwin showed them productivity in Microsoft Office and I did a demo on Windows Live.

My live demo focused on  Windows Live Essentials, particularly Movie Maker and Picture Gallery.  One of the objective of the NGO Connection day is to teach the attendees how to utilize FREE software such as Windows Live Photo Gallery and Movie Maker to make a good and compelling Digital Story.  My task is to man a booth wherein I can show them how to manipulate photos using Picture Gallery and add those manipulated photos in Movie Maker to create a simple movie or a digital story.  The purpose of teaching them to manipulate photos and create a movie is for them to advertise their respective NGOs (what they do and what are their goals) and to reach more people who share their dreams and aspirations by publishing their story in the cloud.

Some of the attendees never knew Windows Live, they even ask me if they will pay for the software for them to use it.  They we’re amazed how powerful Windows Live is.  I even thought them to upload their files to Skydrive since movie files are too large to attach in an email, they can just get a link to be able to share their file.  So I was able to reach and teach around 100 attendees in 2 breakaway sessions wherein they will approach me and I’ll show them the power of Windows Live.

DSC_0095 (1024x685)

Picture taken while I’m doing a demo on Windows Live.

DSC_0104 (1024x686)

MVP for Powerpoint John Erwin Magno doing a productivity demo on Microsoft Office 2010

DSC_0157 (1024x685)

MVP for Windows Jojo Ayson teaching the participants how to create a Digital Story

Below is the link of the complete set of photos taken from the event. (Photos credited to Cheryll Ann Selda of Microsoft)

Philippines’ NGO Connection Day

No comments:

Post a Comment