Featuring My Own PC

I always dreamed of a PC with a superior cooling system, a good casing, 19” LCD monitor, a super high end processor and about 8 GB of RAM.  But then again I realized, do I really need such a powerful PC?  Thinking about it, I’m luckier than some of my friends, who are still using Pentium 4 or lower version of processors and they are much contented with their PCs.  Well here it is, my PC specifications, I’m currently using:

Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU  E2140  @ 1.60GHz, I’m planning to upgrade it to at least Core 2 Duo CPU, but then again when I asked the PC guy in the computer store what is the difference between a Dual Core and the Core 2 Duo, he answered that while the Dual Core operates at 100% capacity the Core 2 Duo works at 130% capacity.  For me a 30% gap it’s not a big difference.  I do have a 3 GB of RAM (2GB Kingston and 1GB Apacer) which allowed me to have a 64-bit operating system, funny thing is that I’ve been using this PC for quite sometime now and I just recently discovered that my system is 64-bit capable upon running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.  I have 2 HDD a 250 GB Samsung and another 250 GB Hitachi, that makes 0.5 Terabyte of HDD space for my downloads, files, music and movies! I also have 2 DVD-RW drives (both Lite-On) both dual-layer capable and the one has a LightsSribe feature. I got an ECS P4M900T-M main board, a generic power supply and generic ATX casing.  An A4Tech Keyboard, Sony optical mouse, Logitech S100 speakers, and Microsoft LifeCam VX-700 - which I acquired from Microsoft in an on-going IE8 trivia contest.  For my monitor, I have a 15” Samsung SyncMaster 591s CRT monitor, sadly I still don’t have budget for an LCD monitor, but I’m planning to upgrade soon.  For my operating system, I have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, I got the promotional disc during the hunt for points contest of Microsoft Philippines. And that’s just it!

Summary of my PC specifications:
Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU  E2140  @ 1.60GHz
ECS P4M900T-M Main Board
3 GB RAM (2GB Kingston and 1GB Apacer)
2 x 250 GB HDD (Samsung and Hitachi)
15” Samsung SyncMaster CRT Monitor
2 x DVD-RW Optical Drive (with dual layer and lightscribe capabilities)
A4Tech Keyborad
Sony Optical mouse
Logitech S100 speakers
Microsoft LifeCam VX-700
Ganuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Version

No comments:

Post a Comment