My First Speaking Engagement as Microsoft MVP :)

I received a text message from Mellie Valimento asking me if I’m available on the January 27, 2011 to have a Windows 7 tips and tricks at a student’s IT conference.  Mellie is the one in-charge of the academic team and student partners at Microsoft Philippines.  Without hesitation I answered yes, little that I know, I will be addressing an IT student’s convention with over a thousand delegates from different schools.

January 27, 2011 around 11 AM, we (Mellie, Marion an MSP, and I) left the congested Manila for Olongapo City.  We arrived at the Olongapo City Convention Center at around 1:30PM due to some direction difficulties, 30 minutes late from the original 1PM call time. By the way the said convention is the Student Conference on IT Education 2011 organized by the Philippine Society of Information Technology Educators (Region 3 Chapter). It’s a yearly gathering of students and IT educators to showcase their expertise and to have updates in the upcoming technologies in the tech world. After the usual welcome and courtesies the host introduced me, she’s a little bit surprised  to know that a Medical Technologist is also a Microsoft MVP will address a bunch of IT students and educators.  I proceeded immediately with Windows 7 overview followed by a live demo, tips, and tricks.  Since we were late I was just given around 15 minutes for my discussion and demo.  My time is a little bit too short but I guess it was well spent, I just hope that the students learned something on that 15 minutes. :)

Below are some pictures taken from the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment