featuring Windows7ako my fav fanpage!

I couldn’t remember anymore when or how  I found this fanpage, but as I recall it was sometime in September 2009 when I’m searching about Wndows 7and poof a link lead me to this facebook  fanpage.  The fanpage then has fewer than a hundred members and now as per last checking  it already has a mind blowing 18,342 fans and getting bigger every single day.  Here Pinoys who are Windows 7 users all over the Philippines or even in other countries (students, IT Pros, computer enthusiasts, and PC hobbyists) share their ideas and experiences on Windows 7 (good or bad), others asks for help regarding anything about their PC or how-tos in making their Windows 7 PCs more reliable and productive; others gives assistance by sharing their ideas on how to fix a problem in a PC; and still others are just passing by, looking around and make “makigulo” on the posts and comments in the fanpage.

The fanpage has been my outlet during my stressful days for a lot of the people here are already my friends (not to mention I already met some of them) and they do make me smile in every discussions and posts, and almost everyday I visit the site to post something and see how it goes.  At first I never expected to have friends here, I just wanted to become a fan, a passerby and just to monitor the page.  My being active in the page was started when some of the fans are asking things about Windows 7 how to like this and how to like that, some sort of things, then I started answering some of their queries, post some new things about Windows 7 that might help other fans, and that’s just it! Now, this fanpage is not just anymore a venue for Windows 7 discussions but also a venue for friendship and camaraderie. 

To Microsoft  Philippines you’ve done a great job by setting up this fanpage, to Miss windows7ako (whoever you are hehe :) who is always there to give us excitement every now and then, to some of my friends, Keith (li’l bro),  Christopher (a certified Windows 7 addict and the fanpage’s techie guy)  , Rory (fot the super complete answers), Jeffrey (my patient hehe), Resly (the VP), Manfred (the on and off as wndows7ako said), Nes (thanks for the arc mouse), Francis (for being my company in going to 6750 Ayala avenue during the day of  meetup), Miyer (the drummer), Aldwin (the makulit hehe), Justin (the UST techie guy), Tati Bi (Lady Kathrine Rose, her real name and the Muse of the fanpage) and to all others that I was not able to mention, SALAMAT (thank you) for the assistance for my PC probs and for the unending ideas and most of all for the infinitesimal SMILE…

You can visit the fanpage here http://www.facebook.com/windows7ako

I am PC.. and Windows 7 is my Idea… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment